Thursday, April 1, 2010

Must Sell Pots

Cross your fingers, all. Three custom pieces in the kiln, hopefully one will turn out good! If you've ever taken any custom orders, you probably know about the "Deadline Effect".... It's got to be some unknown law of physics or some impressive sounding thing. No matter how many extras you make, how many precautions you take, or how detailed your order is something ALWAYS goes wrong. Either it's not the right size, color, ect. Or the glaze defects, or, or, or... The best you can do is hope for little mishaps. Maybe that will be my new motto...

In other news, I've just registered for my first summer show EVER. Fulton Street Artists Market. Baby steps... just a little Sunday show, getting my feet wet, maybe I'll even get a good booth photo out of it. Now I just have to make more pots! 16 feet to fill up...

No comments:

Post a Comment